Wednesday, August 4, 2010

AM I SECOND?

Yesterday was a mixed day for me for two reasons. Firstly, I had to choose to be second during the SportReach Team ministry.  Anyone who knows me, knows that when it comes to sports and ministry I like to be in the thick of things, but yesterday I had to choose to take on a different role.  I still had fun watching the other team members in action...they are just awesome sharing the word with the kids and surrounding listeners...but I had to watch and play my part in a different way.  Secondly, the experience made me realize that all too often I get caught up in doing things for the "honor and glory of God"...good things, needed things...but I'm still first. So God gave me a little reality check so that I can see what being second really means.  Because I took on a different role, one of the other team members had the opportunity to experience and fulfill what God had for her.  I am second, means that it can never be about me, because it's simply not about me. It's all about Jesus!

Just a quick celebration from today: We ministered to some children during the sports ministry and the gave their life to Christ. We told them about the cell group meeting and they followed us straight from the sports area to the church.  There was not enough room in the church so we took them outside under the street lights to do the first lesson of the discipleship.  They sat in the cold for over 45 minutes to do the Bible study and they wanted to do more! God is awesome...I will not boast in anything, no gifts, no power, no wisdom, but I will boast in Jesus Christ, His death and resurrection. 

for the team, Andrea


1 comment:

Donato said...

Andreaa you don't know how I miss you! This trip to Huancayo was the best experience I've had. I hope I can see you again someday you are a great person. Being your translater and sharing the gospel with you was awesome!

Love,
Donato

Post a Comment